- A free local information and advice phone line staffed by friendly, trained advisors - 0800 804 8601
- Hitting the Cold Spots advisors who will visit individuals in their own homes to offer practical assistance and support
- Financial help with hot water and heating systems repairs if they meet the criteria
- Support with alternative heating measures (electric oil filled radiators) for those without heating
- Access to small grant support to help cope with winter fuel emergencies –open and available now!
- Advice and access to current insulation offers – (loft, cavity and solid wall insulation)
- Assistance to switch energy provider or tariff to help make savings on fuel bills.
- Debt advice tailored to individual circumstances
- Free Home Safety visits including a carbon monoxide monitor, smoke detector and a fire safety plan
Friday, 22 February 2013
Hitting the Cold Spots Project
I have been made aware of this project which provides practical assistance to vulnerable families and individuals who are affected by the cold weather and fuel poverty. It is funded from the Department of Health Warm Homes and Healthy People Fund and is open until 31 March 2013. The service can be accessed via the Freephone number 0800 804 8601 and visits can be requested through an advisor on line at http://www3.hants.gov.uk/cold-spots
The range of services available are